How often is it to hear about Lantana Plant? Do you have any idea how to make effective use of it? Would you like to learn more about the medicinal benefits of the Lantana Plant?
Lantana is a fragrant shrub with hairy, spiky branches. They have ovate, acuminate, toothed leaves. The numerous flowerheads on the peduncles have 3cm in diameter corollas.
White, pink, yellow, and red are all colors seen in the corollas. The berries sit atop a round, meaty base. When fully grown, they take on a purple-black hue. It thrives in wooded areas, abandoned lots, and even as a decorative plant in some lawns and gardens.
Benefits of Lantana
- As a treatment for bronchial asthma, emphysema, chronic cough, and whooping cough.
- For persistent itching and redness of the skin.
- To Treat Sprains
- Sicknesses such the common cold, the flu, fever, jaundice, chest infections, and rheumatism.
- Protection against respiratory tract infections, mumps, and mouth sores.
- Motivating agent.
How to Make Use of the Lantana Plant as an Alternative Treatment
- When applied topically, the decoction made from the plant’s leaves and stems effectively soothes inflamed skin, such as that caused by eczema.
- Fresh leaves are mashed and applied on sprains.
- Freshly crushed leaves treat coughs, colds, fevers, jaundice, and chest disorders. This acid works well in baths for relieving rheumatism.
- Root decoction is useful for mouth ulcers, respiratory tract infections, mumps, and gargles.
Did you find this helpful? Let us know in the comments.
Disclaimer: This is for informational purposes only.
You might also like:
- What Are The Health Benefits of Lemons and Its Great Way To Boost Your Body
- Benefits of Herbal Tea: These Amazing Herbal Tea Will Brighten Your Day
- 7 Amazing Remedies for Sore Throat
- 12 Incredible Medicinal Uses of Country Borage and How to Use it Effectively!
- 6 Remarkable Medicinal Benefits of Turmeric and How To Treat Urinary Illness With This