Does the term “lemon grass” ring a bell? Find out how lemon grass can help you sleep better tonight by reading this article about its medicinal uses.
The lemon-like scent that is released from lemon grass when the leaves are crushed or boiled is the reason that this plant is known as lemongrass.
It is a common type of perennial grass, and its leaves can reach lengths of one meter in some cases. Because of its fragrant leaves, it is planted in a number of different nations.
What are the medicinal uses of lemon grass?
1. It is used to fortify and add tone to the stomach.
2. For the relief of cramping pains, flatulence, and gas that originate in the abdomen and bowels.
3. Provides the body with tone as well as vigor.
4. Reduces the temperature of the body.
5. Treats and prevents muscle spasms.
6. It is recommended for those who suffer from nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, dysmenorrhea, chronic rheumatism, sprains, and other painful diseases.
7. Lumbago, which is discomfort in the lumbar region of the back, can be treated with this.
8. Extremely helpful for those suffering from sleeplessness or insomnia.
How to prepare it to enjoy its medicinal uses?
The extract that is derived from the leaves can be consumed internally by mixing it with milk or drinking it as a herbal tea.
Disclaimer: This is for informational purposes only.
Did you find this helpful? Let us know in the comments.
You might also like: